Monday 6 February 2012

My Super Bowl Experience

Besides the game, there 3 things that make the Super Bowl great (from my understanding):

- The Commercials
- The half-time show

and my personal favourite...

- The food

Seeing that my knowledge of American Football is basic at best, and the party was too rowdy to be able to listen to what was happening in the commercials, I was more than happy concentrate on those other two wonderful things:

THE FOOD:

The main staples (at least at the party I attended) were chips, dips & chili, all of which were sectioned into either a) SPHINCTER-MELTINGLY-SPICY or b) NOT-QUITE-SO-SPHINCTER-MELTINGLY-SPICY.

The spread was just too good for me to describe (what can I say, it's only been a day and I miss it already), but thankfully I took some photos for you to see what treasures lay just an arm's length away from me the whole night:

My flat-mate and I created this delicious concoction:

Sausage rolls, chips, dips and the remnants of a plateful of Chili:

That dog spent the whole day trying to get at the food, I don't blame it:

There was also pulled pork on slider buns with BBQ sauce and it was amazing. Acid Reflux has never tasted so good.

THE HALF-TIME SHOW

Now that I've wiped the drool from my face, let's get to the other part of the event that I can write about.

Madonna's performance has received mixed reactions and even some controversy, too, after M.I.A flipped the bird live on TV (who cares?), resulting in an apology from NBC (the spineless cowards).

Personally, I thought she rocked it - could you have done anything better? No. And let's face it, she couldn't have been any worse than last year's shit-show from the Black Eyed Peas.

For a woman in her fifties, she did pretty well. Not that she needs me to come to her defence. Anyway, here's the show in full - feel free to make your own minds up:



Overall it was a great night and an even greater time to be living in New York. The victory parade is tomorrow - see you there?

No comments:

Post a Comment